To withstand the competitive global economic conditions and the price rise, enterprises need to be furnished with robust and appropriate IT infrastructure and processes. They search for various IT solutions that could help them reduce the operational expenses and efficient management of power and usage of other available resources.
The client is a global leader in the insurance sector and for the last 2 years Media Systems has been offering them with cost effective and quality
24x7 support. The company wanted to create a virtual environment in which the client can successfully manage their systems & applications more efficiently.
The Citrix implementation has helped them with cost reduction, enhanced work force productivity and efficient utilization of resources.
About The Client
Media System's client is a leading Fortune 500 Insurance company. It is the global provider of insurance and reinsurance brokerage services. The company also engages in providing insurance products,risk and insurance advice and web-based risk management information systems. It operates in three major segments: commercial brokerage, consulting services, and consumer insurance underwriting.
The company was ranked as the largest reinsurance broker in the world based on revenue and has become the world's second largest insurance brokerage company. Backed by broad resources, industry
knowledge and technical expertise, Media Systems' client is the leading global provider of risk management and human resource consulting and outsourcing. With an employee base of 59,000 people working in over 500 offices in more than 120 countries, Media System's client delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions.
Being a global provider, the client IT infrastructure management required an efficient 24x7 support. Client called in Media Systems as the support partner who could provide a cost effective and strategic solution for efficient utilization of resources.
The client wanted to implement the following features:
- Ability to properly utilize the server CPU The user applications should have what they need to properly run but the servers must not stay idle.
- Applications uncoupled from servers - The virtual machines with various applications running must be able to start and run on multiple servers.
- The ability to provide physical hosts with no application downtime.
- Workload balancing (WLB).
- Design & Implementation of the Xen Environment Architecture.
- Configuring the Environment for Security Features.
- Storage Link integration.
Media proposed to set up a virtual environment in which the client can successfully manage their systems & applications more efficiently. After thorough analysis Media decided to move forward with Citrix products such as XenServer, XenDesktop, XenApp and Citrix Access Gateway. The virtual environment implementation by Media was done in four stages, namely
- XenServer creation Using XenServer, Media created the virtual servers and desktops required for setting up the virtual environment in the office. The scalability of Xenserver helped save time and money by making it easy to create any number of machines irrespective of specifications.
- XenDesktop implementation To help the users access the office network from home or public places, Media created a XenDesktop as the desktop virtualization solution without compromising security and functionality.
- XenApp installation We used Citrix XenApp, an on-demand application delivery solution to virtualize, centralize, and manage applications in the datacenter and instantly deliver it to users, who can access them from anywhere with the credentials provided.
- Citrix Access Gateway - We used Citrix XenApp, an on-demand application delivery solution to virtualize, centralize, and manage applications in the datacenter and instantly deliver it to users, who can access them from anywhere with
- Reduced Costs: By reducing the number of physical servers required in the datacenter, organization was able to save on their power and cooling costs.
- Increased IT agility and efficiency: End users were served more efficiently to the changing datacenter and computing needs by dynamically flexing capacity, optimizing VM placement, and automating repetitive management tasks.
- Improved performance and user productivity: By enabling zero downtime maintenance, automatically recovering from hardware failure, and providing failover capabilities in disaster situations, end users were ensured access to mission critical application in all scenarios situations, end users were ensure access to mission critical application in all scenarios..
- Security: Improved security by controlling and encrypting access to data and applications.
- Time Management: The applications were delivered instantly to users irrespective of where they were.
- Increased Productivity: Enabled virtual work styles to increase workforce productivity irrespective of their location.